Artifact Store Manager
***PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH INDEED. THERE HAVE BEEN TECHNICAL ISSUES THAT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO SUBMIT A FULL APPLICATION. PLEASE APPLY THOUGH OUR WEBSITE OR BY COPY AND PASTING THE FOLLOWING URL: artifact-creative-recycle.breezy.hr
Compensation: Salary + Medical, Dental, Vision Health Plan + Matched 401k + Paid Time Off + Paid Volunteer Time Off + Store Perks
Thank you for your interest in the Store Manager position at Artifact. The Artifact Store manager is an individual with strong people skills. The Store Manager can communicate effectively, yet be thoughtful and empathetic in order to positively influence team members. They are well organized and have a keen ability to orchestrate all of the moving pieces of the day-to-day to keep the store operating seamlessly. All in all, the Store Manager is able to run the store as if it were their own.
The Store Manager is part of a supportive team of leaders. This team consists of Artifact’s founder, Marketing and Social Media Manager, Operations and Systems Manager, Assistant Manager, Supervisors, and Buying and Merchandising Leads. This team works together at a high level to realize Artifact’s goals, standards and values, while getting down and dirty with the rest of the team to meet the day’s needs.
We are looking for a long term candidate who will be able to uphold Artifact’s high standard of customer service with strong verbal and written communication skills, visual merchandising, manage staff effectively, and help sustain Artifact’s culture of collaboration and team oriented work environment. This is a front-of-the-house position that also requires significant administrative and back office time. Candidates will have the most success if they are detail oriented, organized, address issues head on, and they have a background in design, personal style, and interior design.
- Uphold all of Artifact's standards and values related but not limited to sustainability, customer service, merchandising, communications, and employee conduct.
- Empower and motivate the team to work with the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage recruitment efforts, on-boarding, training, employee development, and performance evaluations.
- Manage employee benefits (healthcare, PTO, payroll, etc) through various HR software.
- Create and manage monthly scheduling based on the store's staffing needs.
- Conduct staff and one-on-one meetings that deliver clarity, promote togetherness, and motivate the team.
- Manage the store operating cash and reconcile tills and POS.
- Engage in a prompt and constructive manner with dissatisfied customers, whether in person, via email or resolving negative reviews though the various review platforms.
- Respond to all store emails and communication in a timely manner.
- Maintain adequate inventory of store supplies needed for all store operations.
- Organize and conduct periodic inventory audits.
- Complete on-going career development via workshops, books, courses.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Social Media Manager in the execution of community engagement events and social media campaigns.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience as Store Manager/Retail Manager or relevant experience
- A collaborative and positive leadership style
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to handle conflict and stressful customer interactions
- Self directed, detail oriented and highly organized
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Familiarity and ease utilizing social media and online marketplaces (Instagram, OfferUp, Craigslist, etc.)
- A passion for fashion, style, home decor, furniture, and design
- Ability to work weekends and 40/hrs per week
- Available to work on short notice, before or after hours when needed
- Excited to get dirty, get up on ladders, and move furniture all in a day's work!